Friday, January 25, 2019

Gluten Free Apps

Have you ever been in the store looking at an item you aren't sure is gluten free? I've been there myself many times over. It can be so overwhelming and scary, especially when you're first starting down this journey of gluten free eating.  I have three apps on my phone that I love to use in a pinch.
(Now as a friendly reminder this doesn't mean you can be lazy and stop reading the labels! Apps are made by people, who sometimes make mistakes.)  The first app is called 'Is that Gluten Free?", it lists a ton of brands of anything you could think of and gives dates of when it was confirmed to be gluten free.  It does cost around $4, but I love it if I'm eating at a friends house and need to find out if the drinks they have are safe for me.
The second app that I love even more is called 'The Gluten Free Scanner'.  That's right, you read it right! You can scan items in the store and it will tell you if it's gluten free, if its gluten free and made on shared equipment, or if it's gluten.  Now this one is free, however, you can buy the full version.
The last app I want to share with you is for if you're out travelling and want to find a restaurant in the area that is celiac friendly. Real people can rate it and give feedback on their experiences. It's called 'Find me Gluten Free'.  I've used it multiple times and find it extremely helpful!

I hope this helps you feel less frazzled in your everyday life! Know you are not alone in this, and it will get easier as time goes by if you've been newly diagnosed.
Hang in there!

1 comment:

  1. What great advice! It is awesome that more resources are becoming available. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete