Thursday, January 31, 2019

Gluten Free Medications

If I’m at a doctors office and they say they’re prescribing me this certain drug, I always tell them it needs to be gluten-free.  Most doctors give me a quizzical look and tell me they have no idea gluten is even in drugs! When I first realized that, it scared me! So I started doing my own research and found this awesome website that lists a lot of medications that are either 1) gluten free or 2) gluten free but not sure if a chance of CC (cross contamination).
I’ve learned that pharmacists are my best friends! They are extremely knowledgeable on many, many medications. I’m always double checking to see if it’s not only gluten free but lactose free as well. Never feel afraid to ask questions of anyone, it’s not worth getting sick just because you’re afraid to bother someone. You’ll get better at voicing your questions the more you ask them.

I hope this will be of some help to you!

And if you know of any more websites that list medications that are safe, leave me a comment below with the link!

Here’s the link:

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment